I got an email yesterday I received a blog award from Montana Ranch Girl. Thank you so much. I discovered her blog by searching Montana, and I knew as soon as I found it she would have great stories. I myself worked on some ranches in Montana and it is not always like they portray in the movies or on TV. Read her blog and you will get a real feel for what this lifestyle is all about. This award does come with a few rules, as follows:
List 11 facts about yourself
Answer the questions given to you
Create new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
Choose blogger's page and let them know about the award
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog:
Facts about myself.
- I am an equine and rural life photographer and I have been studying photography intensely for the past 6 years.
- I live my winters in Littleton, Colorado, and my summers in Belgium
- I am married to a Belgian guy who is not only my best friend but my hero. I could not live this extraordinary life without the support he gives me.
- If you were to pop in and visit me my house would be clean and comfortable, but I would probably look a mess.
- These are the things I love, snow, country back roads, old men, thunderstorms, mountains, fog, well-mannered dogs, and a good cup of coffee
- I have a great bunch of kids and 7.4 grandkids that are each very unique.
- I have come close but I still have not found a place to call home. It would be a log cabin in the mountains when I do find it.
- I am terrible at learning a second language
- My favorite states are Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Wisconsin, and always wanted to discover Oregon and Maine.
- I feel alive when I taking a photograph and working alone.
- I love Apple and all their products, they make my life easy.
Question from Montana Ranch Girl
When did you last have a heart-heart talk with yourself? About what?
I just had this talk to myself before the New Year. I wanted to figure out what I was going to do with the knowledge I have learned in the past 6 years studying photography. I had to figure out what kind of photographer I am going to be. I decided to go away from what would bring me quick money. portraits, family, pets, events, weddings, and do what I love which is photograph horses and rural life.
How do you live your values daily?
Wow, tough one! I first say what I value, my family, my husband, my time alone, my spiritual growth, the natural world, and reading. So I have made great leaps to be more involved in my families lives this past year by splitting my time between Belgium and Colorado, I value my relationship with my husband by excepting who he is and not trying to change him, I spend my mornings in quiet reflection with myself and a cup of coffee and go within for the answers I need. I try to be alone in nature as much as I can and I respect animals for who they are and not try to make them human. I read a lot, in all subjects I want to learn and sometimes just for entertainment.
What reminds you that you are human?
An animal will remind me how human I am and that I do not have their natural abilities to live in the now.
How do you perceive the world differently than others?
I feel most people fight against the world and look at to much of the negative and follow the herd even if it leads them to misery. I look at the world as a great big playground where I get to choose what I want to do. It's struggles are just part of the game but I can always put the toy down and pick up another one. I also do not worry about the world it can take good care of itself despite what we do to it negatively
What is the most valuable life lesson you have learned?
Yikes! I am learning all the time. But I would have to say that if you are not willing to chase your dream and fight your fears you can only blame yourself for where you are in your life. Challenge make you grow, and fear keeps you stuck. You have to live this life you were given and not just be a spectator of the lives of others.
What are you deepest loyalties.
To myself, to my husband, to my family, to my dear friends and mentors, and to all the animals that ever come under my care.
What is the one thing that you couldn't live without?
The love and support my true love gives me.
What makes you truly feel alive?
What is one thing that you have experienced in your life that can be used to help others?
Good question. I have to say that I have experienced the miracle of walking through the fire of fear to get to your dream. I look it like this. If you do not like where you are you must face the wall of fire (fear) that is blocking you dream life. You will have to walk through that fire wall and it will burn sometimes, but what is on the other side is so amazing it is worth the scare you received. Don't let fear stop your dreams. Dream and if it does not work, dream again.
How would you live you life more fully?
Oh boy, I think I should take more chances and learn more things and love myself more and not give energy to fear. I really like the song by Garth Brooks called the "River" it says it all.
My 11 Questions To You
- What have you been learning from writing your blog?
- Who is your hero?
- When you need inspiration, what do you do?
- Can you remember what the happiest day in your life was as a child?
- When did you know you wanted to do what you are doing today?
- If you could be an animal which one would you be and why?
- We all have addictions, what is yours? Why do you love it so much?
- If you could visit another country all expenses paid where would you go?
- Describe you perfect day
- We all value the people in our lives, but what do you value that is not a person?
- If you had to spend a month snowed in a mountain cabin all alone, what do you think you would do?